Flexible Gift Annuity
The flexible gift annuity offers the same tax and security benefits that a deferred payment gift annuity provides, but with more options.
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to Smith College. Our suggested minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- You select a range of dates in the future (window) when you will want Smith College to begin paying you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for life.
- During the payment window, you request the start of payments.
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be at least 60 to begin receiving payments and must be at least 40 to fund the gift.
- The remaining balance passes to Smith when the contract ends.
- Deferral of payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction. The deduction is calculated based upon the first date in your window on which you could elect to start payments.
- You can target your annuity payments to begin when you need them, such as retirement.
- The longer you elect to defer payments, the higher your payment will be.
- More details on Flexible Gift Annuities.
- Frequently asked questions on Flexible Gift Annuities
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.