The Grécourt Society
What is The Grécourt Match?
Starting on July 1, 2020, 10% of a planned gift will be matched by a current contribution to Smith’s scholarship endowment. A generous member of the class of 1964 has committed $1 million for financial aid to serve as a pool of matching funds. Every $10 of your planned gift will be matched by $1 from this pool, up to a limit of $10,000 per match. The Match continues until the entire $1 million has been released.
- You make a planned gift to Smith after July 1, 2020, such as:
- Document a bequest in your will.
- Make Smith a beneficiary of your retirement plan.
- Fund a charitable gift annuity that pays you a fixed income for life.
- Your gift can be for any purpose, although financial aid is especially welcome.
- Suppose the gift is $50,000.
- $5,000 of matching funds goes into the Smith endowment for financial aid immediately.
- Your gift makes a powerful impact now, and a powerful impact later.
If you’re in your 50th Reunion cycle (beginning at your 46th), your gift can count for Reunion credit as well. You will also be welcomed into The Grécourt Society.